New Year, who dis?
J/k but seriously here we are at the beginning of a new year and I’m sure there are some things we want to accomplish over the next 12 months. It’s been proven that putting your goals both long and short term down on paper increase the likelihood of accomplishment and we decided to take this to the next level.
A couple weekends ago we attended a vision board workshop, and while we thought this was going to be glorified arts and crafts hour we ended up learning a ton about goals, setting intentions and putting the wheels into motion. Now, I’m sure that when you think about your goals they mostly pertain to things you would like to accomplish with your unicorn partner, but what about the other things you do that allow you to participate in the sport, or your social circle, or your home environment? All the other things that also make you happy. What are your goals when it comes to the Big 5?
- Health: Is there anything physically holding you back from maybe riding as much as you would like to or reaching that level of fitness you have been trying to get to? Maybe you would like to make more dinner at home.
- Career: Some of you might be #blessed to be able to have a successful career in the industry, but the majority of us have a day job that we work really hard at to be able to participate in this sport. Do you wake up happy to go to work or does the thought of it fill you with dread?
- Money: I’m sure you are now saying “what money? I have horses” but seriously, what could you be doing to help yourself more in this category? Have you set a budget before? Was it successful? Do you have dreams of a savings account, or paying off your mortgage? If you close your eyes and think about your idea life or lifestyle, what does that look like?
- Relationships: Would you like to get better at setting boundaries with people, or maybe you would like to say YES! to more of the invitations that come your way. Do you feel that the scales of what you give vs. what you receive are equal?
- That which is greater: Now, this doesn’t necessarily have to mean being part of a recognized religion, this just means what you feel connects you to that which is greater. Could be connecting with nature, meditating or maybe you believe in Karma. Whatever it is what can you do to enrich this part of yourself?
Starting these conversations with yourself is just step one, once you have thought about what you want to have in your future the next step is to put it down on paper or on a vision board so that every time you see it, it reminds you not only of where you are going but also how far you have come.
Happy goal getting!